If you are searching for how to fix receding gums? then your click is on the right point. You can treat gum receding by taking some medications. If you want a natural solution then it use some effective home remedies. A worsened gum recession can be fixed with the help of a medical procedure. However, in the initial stage, you may treat gum receding signs at home with the natural process. In the stepshowto guide, we will help you to fix receding gums by tracking simple and easy steps.
What is the Gum Recession?
Teeth Roots are surrounded by a layer of tissues called gum, gums don’t have a protective coating. When these gum tissues are worn out and damaged it causes a gum recession. Receded gums make roots visible, thus it causes tooth sensitivity and other tooth-related problems. the thining and damaging of the gums will invite germs and bacteria to attack teeth.
What Causes Gum Recession?
Various factor plays role in receding gums, Gum diseases, lifestyle, genes, brushing style, and poor hygiene play their part in making gum condition worst.
- Gingivitis is a gum disease in which gums become swollen and may bleed. this disease plays role in receding gums.
- Periodontal disease is another gum infection that causes inflammation and results in gum recession. Bacterial attacks cause inflammation of the gums. Bacteria attacks gums in the form of plaque.
- Excessive use of tobacco while smoking will destroy your teeth and gums.
- Incorrect brushing style, and brushing your teeth with a hard bristle toothbrush, or brushing roughly will also damage your gums.
- Teeth grinding is a habit that many do while sleeping or even awake, this habit will recede your gums. While you grind teeths pressure applies to the teeth. Then it creates a gap between the gum and teeth, thus it will be easy for germs to attack.
- Injury while doing a dental procedure, or in an accident may affect your gums and lead to receded gums
- Genetic factors also cause gum recession in some people.
- Hormonal imbalance in women may cause receded gums.
- Medication that will turn your mouth dry is another cause of gum recession.
- Oversized or fitted dentures and damaged filling will also result in damaging your gums.
- A stressful mind will create a hormonal imbalance that will cause gum recession.
Symptoms of Receding Gums
Most people don’t pay attention to gums and hence it will be difficult for them to observe receded gums. You can look for some signs that indicate that your gums need help. Visible signs of damaged gums include:
- Your gums get redness and swelling.
- Sensitivity towards cold and hot stuff.
- You will start experiencing bad mouth taste.
- Feeling sudden pain in your gums.
- You will go through bad mouth breathe
- Gums start contracting.
How to Fix Receding Gums
Whenever you observe a single sign of gum receding, quickly rush towards what to do about receding gums and how to fix gum recession. Early treatment is always advised for dental problems because a little delay may result in tooth decay and you have to lose your tooth. people often asked do gums grow back after surgery then the answer is no because in a surgical procedure of treating gums dentist treats your gums rather than removing them, and if you are going through damaged gums then they can be treated with medicines, dental procedures as well as with home remedies.
How to Fix Receding Gums at Home
Home remedies are always the first thought when we feel a sudden toothache or a sensitivity in the gums, Some effective home ingredients will help in easing the pain and treating mild gum receding problems.
1. Swishing the Oil in Mouth
An ancient method of removing plaque from teeth is oil pulling, when you swish oil in the mouth it attracts plaque. Then plaque gets stuck to the oil and when you spit out the oil from the mouth it will not come alone. Take one tbsp of coconut, mustard, or sesame oil in your mouth. Swish it for 10-15 minutes then spit it out. After oil pulling rinses your mouth with lukewarm water. You can also use
- Eucalyptus oil
- Clove oil
- Peppermint oil
- Thyme oil
- Lemon oil
- Coconut oil
- Sunflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Basil oil
2. Salt Water Rinse
Saltwater is an effective gingival recession treatment, You can rinse your mouth with salt water to ease swollen gums, toothache, and inflammation. In a glass pour lukewarm water then add one tsp of salt in it and stir it using a spoon. Rinse your mouth with the solution, repeat this minimum of three times a day. Don’t inhale this solution.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide and Water Rinse
Hydrogen peroxide rinse will also relieve you from gum infection. In a glass pour 2tsp of 3% hydrogen peroxide and pour half a cup of lukewarm water in it. Rinse your mouth with this solution and don’t inhale this. Use this twice a week.
4. Taking Septiline
Guduchi, guggul, licorice, and herbs present in septiline enrich its organic properties, you can take it in a syrup form or even in a tablet to reduce gum swelling and inflammation. it also helps in reducing gaps between gums and gum bleeding. Follow the prescribed dosage instructions.
5. Using Turmeric Gel
Turmeric is an effective ingredient that helps in reducing inflammation, it works as an anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredient for treating damaged gums. You can use turmeric in the form of gel to soothe your gums or even you can take a turmeric water rinse.
6. Using Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is considered an all-rounder ingredient for health, skin, and hair. It also helps in reducing inflammation, bleeding, pain, and gum gaps. You can use the aloe vera pulp on your receded gums apply it over the gums and then rinse after 5 minutes with lukewarm water. You can also use it over your teeth with the help of a toothbrush.
7. Using Green Tea
Green tea is a great antioxidant, that helps in treating the receding gum line. In a pot boil water then add green tea leaves into it, and let them simmer. Then pour in a cup and drink it twice a day to reduce gum recession.
8. Using Tea Tree Oil
Studies prove that tea tree oil stops the growth of harmful bacteria in the mouth. You can use a tea tree-based mouth wash, toothpaste, or even apply a diluted tea tree and water solution in the affected area with the help of a cotton swab.
9. Consuming Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Studies have proved a major reduction in the size of the gum gap when consuming 300 milligrams of omega 3 fatty acids for 12 weeks each day. When you are observing gum gap and swelling take omega 3 fatty acids supplements and foods that are rich in omega 3 it will help in reducing gum recedes.
10. Consuming Vitamin C
Vitamin C-rich foods and supplements also play a great part in reducing gum infections and receding gums, Vitamin C deficient person more likely to experience gum issues than others. Include Vitamin C enriched foods in your diet and consume supplements and products which contain Vitamin C to reduce your gum infection.
Medications Treatment for Receding Gums
When dentists observe mild gum receding they will provide you antibiotics for treating the issue, when gums are at the start point of receding then they can become well by using antibiotic gels, antiseptic mouthwash, and other effective antibiotics. you can treat your receded gums with antibiotics, but once the issue gets severe you have to go through dental procedures.
Surgical Treatments for Receding Gums
In the worst condition of the receding gums, consult your dentist instead of taking the matter into your hands. A dentist may advise you to go through the following surgical procedures that include:
- Scaling and root planing are done to remove the plaque from the receding gumline, after removing the bacterial plaque the root surface is smoothened using tools.
- Veener is another dental procedure in which a layer of resin, porcelain, or another material is used to cover the affected area.
- Pinhole gum rejuvenation is a procedure in which a small hole is made in the visible part of the root to remove the gum tissue from the tooth and then it will set in a position to cover the exposed root.
- Guided tissue regeneration is a surgical procedure to treat severely damaged gums, gum tissue from a healthy gum is obtained and then grafted on the exposed root.
- Lanap is the latest laser treatment that can be done instead of traditional gum grafting. Specific laser radiation is used to treat the affected gums by killing bacteria.
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft bristle brush.
- Don’t brush your teeth in a harsh way.
- Floss your teeth once a day.
- Change your toothbrush after 2 months of usage.
- Avoid Smoking and drinking.
- Avoid unhealthy and junk food.
- Don’t use fitted dentures.
- Regularly monitor your teeth and gums to observe any changes.
Consult your dentist if your gum receding is severe, and don’t rely on remedies alone. Don’t use any of the above-mentioned things to which you are allergic. In case you are unaware of your allergies, only go along with ingredients that were priorly used.
Can receding gums grow back?
Receding gums will not grow back again, but they can be treated with multiple ingredients, medicines, and surgical procedures. Once your gum will start receding, it will gradually worsen the situation if you will not take immediate prevention. When you are experiencing gum damage then you can reverse gum recession by using home remedies or antibiotics prescribed by doctors.
Will my teeth fall out from receding gums?
Receding gums will initially show signs of swollen gums and sensitivity if you will not take this issue seriously then it may end in losing teeth. If your gums are not strong enough to hold the teeth they will loosen and gradually you will lose your teeth due to receding gums.
How to fix receding gums naturally?
You can treat receding gums naturally by painting oral health, swishing with oil for a minimum of 15 minutes, and then rinsing your mouth with lukewarm water. you can also rinse your mouth with salt water twice a day to fix receding gums. Take omega supplements and vitamin C-rich foods to treat gum recession naturally.
Can receding gums grow back? What to know
13 Easy Ways to Reverse Receding Gums Naturally
The Truth About Receding Gums
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.