Sugaring is the procedure of hair removal with sugar wax, this method of hair removal dates back to 1900 BC when the Persians introduced a thick mixture of sugar to remove unwanted hairs. After centuries sugaring is still a worthy procedure for the said purpose, because it is cheap, convenient, and painless. If you are finding a quick way to prepare sugar wax. Then microwaving is a quick, and hassle-free way to make sugar wax at home. All you have to do is to gather the sugar wax ingredients listed below and start preparing your homemade sugar wax.
How to Make Sugar Wax in Microwave Steps
Step 1 Gather Ingredients
Mostly, sugar wax ingredients are present in your kitchen. You don't have to rush towards the store, but in case these will not be available at the moment. You can easily get them from a nearby grocery store. After purchasing all ingredients, gather them to start sugar wax.
Step 2 Mix Ingredients in the Jar
One by one add sugar, lemon, and water to a microwave-safe jar, and mix them together using a wooden spatula. You have to keep the measurement quantity of ingredients as described. Otherwise, your sugar wax results may not be as good as expected. For measuring the quantity you can use a measuring spoon and cup.
Step 3 Cook sugar wax in the Microwave
Place your jar into the microwave and set the time to 30seconds. Now, start the microwave, you will notice that bubbles start appearing in the jar. After thirty seconds stop the microwave and wear your kitchen gloves to take out the jar. Then stir the mixture with a wooden spoon then place it again in the microwave. Then set the microwave for 30seconds and start it.
you can use stove instead of microwave. cook for one minute for medium high flame while mixing with spoon.
Step 4 Check Consistency
After one minute your sugar wax is ready, but you have to wait for 5 minutes. If sugar wax has a honey-like consistency, and it is thick and sticky after five minutes of removing from the microwave, then it is ready to be used. else, you can microwave it for 30seconds more. Keep in mind that natural wax will be in runny consistency when you take it out from the microwave, and it gradually thickens. So, don't hassle and wait for at least 5 minutes. After five minutes you can apply this sugar wax on your body to remove unwanted hairs.
Sugar Wax Variations
You can easily prepare a variety of sugar wax at home with the same procedure only you had to change the temperature, A slight change in sugar wax temperature can make it hard wax, soft wax, or even rubber wax.
making soft sugar wax is a simple process of cooking the mixture of the ingredients in the microwave for a minute, as described above. soft wax can be spread on the skin using a wax spatula, and then you can use a muslin cloth over it, to remove the wax along with hairs.
Hard wax can be obtained from the same process if you enhance the timing from one minute to 3 minutes. You can use hard wax on your skin using your fingers or a wax spatula, you don't need a muslin cloth to remove wax simply pull the wax in opposite direction with your hands to remove hairs.
If you cook the Sugar wax mixture for 6-8 minutes, you will get a rubber-like thick texture of wax upon cooling. You can simply apply the rubber paste on the skin and push it, in opposite direction to get rid of unwanted hairs. Rubber wax doesn't require a spatula or cloth to remove hairs.
- Hairs should be of more than a quarter-inch, otherwise, it will be difficult for you to remove them with sugar wax.
- It can be used all over the body, you can use sugar wax on your face, arms, legs, eyebrows, chin, and upper lips.
- You can make it on the stove in a pan if the microwave is not available.
- Sugar wax can be used by every skin type.
- Getting perfect consistency is tricky but not impossible, you have to practice with the right quantity of ingredients to achieve the perfect consistency.
- Keep your skin free of oil before applying sugar wax otherwise, it will not work.
- You can use talcum powder before waxing to reduce the oil or sweat effects.
- You can use aloe vera gel after sugar waxing to soothe the skin.
- Always do a patch test before applying it to your skin.
- Don't scrub your skin for at least one day after waxing, it may lead to bruises.
- Never skin polish after waxing your skin.
- Don't use it over bruises stitches, burnt skin, and highly sensitive skin with redness.
- Never apply hot sugar wax on the skin, wait until it gets lukewarm.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.